Posted: December 7th, 2022
IMPORTANT: AFTER PURCHASE, LOG IN TO YOUR ACCOUNT AND SCROLL DOWN BELOW THIS PAGE TO DOWNLOAD FILES WITH ANSWERS.
1. According to the textbook, we tend to call something like a car or a student “good” when it
2. How do utilitarian and deontological views of “good character” compare with Aristotle’s view?
3. Who is the primary source for this chapter’s study of virtue ethics?
4. What did Aristotle suggest about feelings such as spite, envy and shamelessness?
5. Phronesis is the Greek term for which of Aristotle’s cardinal virtues:
6. The __________ objection to Aristotle’s philosophy says that virtue ethics does not provide us with adequate direction for making or evaluating moral choices.
7. Drew is a person who always tries to make practically wise choices. What would NOT characterize these choices according to an Aristotelian?
8. The cardinal virtues that Aristotle claims are crucial to living a flourishing life are
9. One of the fundamental questions asked by virtue ethicists is
10. Lawrence, a philosophy student, doubts the very notion that there are such things as good character traits. His view may be similar to the view known as __________.
11. Aristotle states that if we ask what the highest good is,
12. The personal qualities that enable an individual to live a good life and flourish as a human being are known as __________.
13. To live a good life and be the sort of people we ought to be, we need to develop a virtuous character that
14. Aristotle defines a virtue as a(n) __________ that requires __________.
15. Aristotle is one of the most important figures in Western history because he accomplished all of the following EXCEPT:
16. In The Nicomachean Ethics, how does Aristotle begin his inquiry into ethics?
17. The “self-centeredness” objection to virtue ethics says that the focus of morality should be on
18. A common, modern definition of happiness includes feeling good or attaining personal satisfaction. However, Aristotle’s particular meaning of happiness is “having a life that is __________.”
19. With which of the following statements would an Aristotelian most AGREE?
20. Which of the following is probably the LEAST necessary character trait needed to be a good clinical nurse?
BUY MORE MATERIALS FOR THIS COURSE:
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.