Posted: July 20th, 2022
• come from a variety of disciplines,
• engage their objects of study from multiple perspectives,
• present their results in numerous formats,
• extend scientific knowledge beyond the confines of the experiment or survey,
• engage the audience to be self-reflective, and
• potentially illuminate opportunities for social change.
This week’s course of study provides you with a contextual understanding of qualitative research, which will form the foundation for understanding the methods and rationale. These will also help you begin a thoughtful process for considering the choice of qualitative research as your methodology for your doctoral research.
For this Discussion, you will explore the foundations and history of qualitative research methods. You also will consider the unique characteristics that distinguish qualitative research from other forms of inquiry.
To prepare for this Discussion:
Review the Learning Resources related to qualitative research and consider the reasons researchers choose qualitative research methods for exploring a phenomenon of interest.
Use the Course Guide and Assignment Help in the Learning Resources to help you search for other books, encyclopedias, or articles that introduce and describe qualitative research.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.