Posted: May 13th, 2022
Format for critical summary
1. Your name
2. Full and correct citation of the paper thus:
Author (year published) Paper title. Journal Name volume: pages
for example: Stoddard PK (1983) Violation of optimal nest placement: cliff swallows entombed in their own excrement. Wilson Bulletin 95: 674-675
3. Introduction: Context of study including the big question asked. What should the reader know to appreciate this study?
4. Briefest summary of methods; only what’s needed to understand the results.
5. Key results.
6. What these results mean in terms of question asked or hypothesis tested.
7. How these results have changed our understanding and where scientists might go from here.
Critical summaries should be about 2 pages long, typed, double spaced, left-justified,
12 point Times New Roman.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.