Posted: October 13th, 2021
Organizational leadership: doctoral theory and practice | DDBA 8151 – Organizational Leadership: Doctoral Theory and Practice | Walden University
To prepare for this Assignment, select and interview a business executive about whom you can find information regarding his or her leadership activities and the organization with which he or she is affiliated. This may be someone you know or who owns a business local to you. Use the weekly readings as additional support for your ideas. Your interview should focus on the following two questions:
- How would you describe your leadership style?
- How would you describe your role as it relates to the health of your organization?
By Day 7
Submit a 3- to 4-page analysis of the individual’s leadership style and the impact of that style on his or her organization. Your analysis should include the following:
- An evaluation of the leadership style of your selected leader, according to an existing leadership style theory
- An assessment of the health of that leader’s organization, based upon information shared during the interview as well as any additional resources to support your assessment
- A comparison of the relationship between your chosen leader’s leadership style and the health of his or her organization, as conveyed in the interview, to what is depicted in any local media, websites, or news information about the organization
- A minimum of two specific citations per page from this week’s Learning Resources and/or additional scholarly sources; you may also include media examples of leadership behavior and other relevant organizational information to support your analysis.