Posted: September 21st, 2021
The previous modular concepts encouraged a clear and logical
Theoretical Structures in Research
The previous modular concepts encouraged a clear and logical understanding of theory development in research.
Before starting this assignment please view this short video:
Theoretical Framework | YouTube (Francois J. Desjardins, 2010)
Select one peer-reviewed journal article related to the topic and/or question. Prepare a critical analysis of the chosen study applying the Theoretical Perspectives section of Social Problems: Continuity and Change (Saylor Academy, 2012) in the link below.
Analyze and critique the peer-reviewed journal article selected in Part I addressing the following:
- Provide a summary of the theory model integrated in the study and discuss the following:
- Which theories did the researchers identify? Please use correct in-text referencing to identify the articles that you examined.
- Are these theories connected to a specific aspect of the study OR embedded throughout the study as a whole? If so, how?
- What are the components of the conceptual framework? Is the framework of the study implied and/or explicitly mentioned in the study?
- Does this particular theoretical framework “add” to the quality of the study? Why or why not?
- How would a different theoretical perspective alter the study if at all?
- Provide an educational and/or health science practice and/or practical implication that applies or promotes the theory model.
- Provide an introductory and concluding paragraph with the reflection of the theory development in research.
Paper 6 pages and demonstrate or include the following:
- High-level understanding of the required background and self-researched reading.
- Graduate-level written communication to include an appropriate introduction and conclusion, clear and coherent structure, and proper grammar and word usage. The submission should be organized in a clear and coherent manner using APA headings: an introduction that introduces and outlines the content, the cohesive body, and a reflective conclusion. Use various headings and subheadings as appropriate.