Posted: August 20th, 2021
Agency’s law and ethics of hiring a diverse workforce
Agency’s Law and Ethics of Hiring a Diverse Workforce
Write a 4–6 page paper, titled “Agency’s Law and Ethics of Hiring a Diverse Workforce,” in which you:
- Analyze at least two laws or two court decisions that have implications for the agency’s personnel management (title this section “Laws Affecting the Agency”).
- Evaluate the agency’s approach to LGBTQ issues, highlighting the strengths and weaknesses (title this section “Personnel Recruitment and Hiring Practices”).
- Evaluate the agency’s approach to ethics and diversity training programs provided for new and existing employees, highlighting the strengths and weaknesses (title this section “Ethics and Diversity Training”).
- Recommend at least two actions the agency could take to improve in the areas of recruiting and training a diversified workforce (title this section “Recommendations for Recruiting and Training a Diversified Workforce”).
- Appropriately incorporate at least four quality sources. A quality source can be either popular, such as a news article, or scholarly, such as peer-reviewed works. In the case of public administration, government websites are appropriate quality resources. Note: Wikipedia, SparkNotes, and similar websites do not qualify as academic resources. Go to Basic Search: Strayer University Online Library to conduct research.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Refer to the PAD530 Scenario for Assignments [DOCX] and the PAD530 Interview Guide [DOCX] for this assignment.
The course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Assess a federal or state agency’s legal and ethical approach to recruiting and training a diversified workforce.