Posted: July 25th, 2021
Week 6 final paper | Psychology homework help
My Future as a Human Services Professional
[WLO: 4] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 5]
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read Chapters 13, 14 and the epilogue from your text, The generalist model: Where do the micro and macro converge? (Links to an external site.) and Self-care in the world of empirically supported treatments (Links to an external site.). Your final paper should identify and analyze a specific need identified by a community.
Your summative assessment will require you to reflect on your future as a human services professional. In your paper, you must comprehensively address the following:
- Evaluate your career selection that was made in Week 1.
- What populations do you want to serve and in what capacity?
- What type of organization do you want to be working for in the future (or now if you plan to stay with your organization as you advance)?
- Appraise the past, current, and future societal issues facing the human services profession with your chosen population and organization.
- Evaluate a minimum of one historical issue related to your population.
- What current challenges might your clients face and how might this impact your organization as well as your work?
- What future societal issues might your clients and organization face?
- Evaluate how you might perform your role in this field.
- How might you be supervised?
- What might your working relationships be with your colleagues?
- How will you maintain healthy boundaries with clients?
- What other services might your organization offer and how might these services interact with yours.
- Assess the impact that the community will have on your clients and organization?
- How will you work to serve your clients within the community?
- How do you think you will have an impact on the global needs in terms of the population you have chosen to serve?
- Compare the human services organization where you currently work or might work with a similar human services organization that serves the same population.
- Outline the similarities and differences, evaluating which is more of an effective model of a human services agency.
The My Future as a Human Services Professional final paper
- Must be six to eight double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper (bold and with a space between the title and the rest of the information)
- Student’s name, followed by institution name (“University of Arizona Global Campus”)
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting