Posted: July 25th, 2021
C12 case analysis- awad v. ziriax, et al, no. 10-6273
Awad v. Ziriax, et al, No. 10-6273 (10th Cir. 2012)
- Summarize the facts of the case;
- Identify the parties and explain each party’s position;
- Outline the case’s procedural history including any appeals;
- What is the legal issue in question in this case?
- How did the court rule on the legal issue of this case?
- What facts did the court find to be most important in making its decision?
- Respond to the following questions:
- Can a U.S. court enforce a clause in a contract specifying that Sharia law will apply?
- When, if ever, should a national court look to decisions of courts in other nations when interpreting its own nation’s constitution?
- Do you agree or disagree with the court’s decision? If you disagree, provide an explanation of your reasoning.