Posted: July 19th, 2021
Rape victims need plagerism report
A 20-year-old girl accuses her ex-boyfriend of raping her in a drunken rage. However, the prosecutor states that although he believes her story, there is simply not enough evidence to take the accused to trial and have a jury find him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
The victim turns to a voluntary organization dealing with rape victims. The organization has assigned you the task of providing her with the available options. You need to give her the following details:
- The legal rights of victims against perpetrators.
- The current research and prevalence of these types of crimes.
- The options available to the victim in the civil court.
- How victim advocacy programs work.
- Civil litigations for providing redress to victims.
- Positive and negative effects of civil litigation on the lives of the victim.
In addition, you need to explain the following:
- Define and explain the type of crime(s) committed.
- What is the need for creating a constitutional amendment that assures a certain level of victims’ rights in all courts? In this scenario, were the rights of the victim violated?
- Do we need to create an amendment to protect victims in this situation or are the victim’s rights already protected?
- What are some of the rights that could be guaranteed to the victim in this case?
- How would these rights affect or conflict with the rights of offenders in the system?
- What are the psychological and financial impacts for victims in this type of situation?
- Submit your answers in a 4–5 pages Microsoft Word document.
- Support your responses with examples.
- Cite any sources in APA format.