Posted: July 16th, 2021
Week 1 determining democracy discussion
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 1 ,2, 3
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source (can include your textbook)
Initial Post Instructions
For the initial post, respond to one of the following options, and label the beginning of your post indicating either Option 1 or Option 2:
- Option 1: Does democracy require equality of income or wealth? Discuss why democracy might make a country more or less egalitarian?
- Option 2: Political scientist Larry Sabato has proposed a new constitutional convention (Links to an external site.). Select any one of his proposed ideas and write a short list of pros and cons for this idea and support your reasoning.
Be sure to make connections between your ideas and conclusions and the research, concepts, terms, and theory we are discussing this week.
Follow-Up Post Instructions
Respond to at least one peer. Further the dialogue by providing more information and clarification. Minimum of 1 scholarly source which can include your textbook or assigned readings or may be from your additional scholarly research.
- Minimum of 2 posts (1 initial & 1 follow-up)
- Minimum of 2 sources cited (assigned readings/online lessons and an outside source)
- APA format for in-text citations and list of references