Posted: July 16th, 2021
Your task this time is to write an essay that convinces me that you can talk
coherently about the central Christian claim that Jesus is both human and divine.
You have some freedom with this essay in how you craft it, as long as it meets the
1. Contains careful discussion of at least 2 of the 3 articles we read on Christology
(Portier’s “Classical Christology”, Oduyoye’s “African Women’s Theology”,
McCabe’s “Son of God”)
2. Includes some intelligent discussion of the 2 examples of people whose lives
radically changed because of their belief in Jesus (Augustine, Dorothy Day)
3. Begins with an introduction that briefly explains your general approach to the paper
4. Finishes with a conclusion that includes a short discussion of at least one question
that emerged for you as you composed your paper
5. Reaches a minimum word count of 900 words but does not exceed 1,400 words.
Important note: I am certainly NOT asking you to say that you agree with the Christian
claims about Jesus’ humanity and divinity… I’m only asking you to demonstrate that
you understand what Christians are saying they think is true about Jesus.
I am willing to give you feedback on outlines for this paper. You must email them to me
before midnight on Sunday, November 29
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.