Posted: July 16th, 2021
Assessment of addiction paper | Assessment of Addiction | Capella University
Comparison of Assessment Tool Constructs
For this assignment, complete the following:
- Select one assessment tool from those listed in the Resources area.
- Explore the literature to identify another assessment tool that is purported to measure the same constructs.
- Identify intervew skills that would be necessary to utilize to complete the assessment process, and provide a description of how each skill could be used in the assessment process.
- Compare the assessment tools, the one chosen from the Resources list and the one found via the literature, on the basis of key test measurement constructs of reliability and validity.
- Describe different methods for acquiring the key measurement constructs of reliability and validity.
- Describe how results on each assessment are interpreted. For example, describe how scores are interpreted in comparison to group means and norms (for a standardized or norm-referenced test) or to cutoff scores (for criterion-referenced test), and how scores on this assessment correlate with other tests and measures.
- Incorporate a minimum of six scholarly research studies analyzing the effectiveness of each selected assessment tool in professional settings.
- Based on the review of literature, evaluate which assessment tool has clearer application of measurement concepts.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors so the overall message is clear.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current edition of the APA manual.
- Number of resources: Minimum of six scholarly resources. Distinguished submissions will likely exceed the minimum.
- Length of paper: 6–8 double-spaced, typed pages, excluding title and reference pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.