Posted: July 10th, 2021
Capitalization | English homework help
Step 1 Revise the sentences.
Add correct capitalization to the following sentences:
- orson welles’s mercury theater radio broadcast of “the war of the worlds” caused mass panic and hysteria on october 30, 1938.
- before the lecture began, the instructor spoke briefly to the students, stating, “welcome to pre-algebra mathematics 130.”
- several students who plan to major in the social and behavioral sciences meet on tuesday and thursday to discuss many issues, including the impact of jeffersonian democracy on contemporary society.
- we were unable to distinguish the honors students from those on academic probation based on their dress, social affiliations, musical preferences, or ethnicity.
- the scarsdale passengers enjoyed the scenic bus route that passed such stores as macy’s, gourmet cook, and periwinkle’s tonsorial parlor.
- no one knew that the former catholic nun, sister mary elizabeth scoggins, was my oldest daughter.
- my mother’s friend, vicky joan eikon, has studied hard at cornell university medical school.
- “let’s remove the hydrogen element from the chemical solution,” suggested sam. “later, we’ll see if any carbon dioxide gas remains in the beaker.”
- cruises on the caribbean sea make stops at the islands of barbados, trinidad, and jamaica.
- if joyce could have her own way, she would leave houston immediately for the rolling hills southeast of austin.
Step 2 Revise a paragraph.
Revise the following paragraph to correct errors in capitalization. Consult a dictionary as needed. If a sentence is correct as given, mark the number preceding it.
- 1 San Antonio, texas, is a thriving city in the southwest that has always offered much to tourists interested in the roots of spanish settlement in the new world. 2 Most visitors stop at the Alamo, one of five Catholic Missions built by Priests to convert native americans and to maintain spains claims in the area. 3 The Alamo is famous for being the site of an 1836 battle that helped to create the republic of Texas. 4 San Antonio has grown tremendously in recent years. 5 The Hemisfair plaza and the San Antonio river link tourist and convention facilities. 6 Restaurants, Hotels, and shops line the River. 7 the haunting melodies of “Una paloma blanca” and “malagueña” lure passing tourists into Casa rio and other mexican restaurants. 8The university of Texas at San Antonio has expanded, and a Medical Center lies in the Northwest part of the city. 9 Sea World, on the west side of San Antonio, entertains grandparents, fathers and mothers, and children with the antics of dolphins and seals. 10 The City has attracted high-tech industry, creating a corridor between san antonio and austin.