Posted: July 1st, 2021
Presentation to investors | Accounting homework help
- In a detailed PowerPoint presentation (12 to 15 slides in length, plus speaker notes and an addendum), explain and defend your costing strategies (i.e., the
business plan created in your first and second milestones) and share your business’s performance to-date (i.e., the work from your third milestone). Be sure to effectively communicate to your stakeholders by breaking down concepts and using investor-friendly language to build their trust and confidence.
Specifically, the following critical elements must be addressed. Most of the critical elements align with a particular course outcome (shown in brackets).
I. Introduce your presentation
- Outline your company’s profile, including its name, location, and mission and vision.
- Explain for your investors the purpose of the presentation. What do you plan to communicate, and why should your investors pay attention? In
other words, try to persuade your investors that the accounting information you are about to share is important. [ACC-202-03]
- Explain and defend your methods for generating the information that you are about to share in terms of your adherence to industry standards
and the AICPA code of ethics. In other words, why should your investors trust that you are delivering accurate financial data and that your decision-making process has been ethical? [ACC-202-03]
D. Specifically, be sure to illustrate how your managerial accounting methods support the mission of your organization, using examples. [ACC-202- 03]
- Financial Strategy: Review your original business plan and costing strategies using the prior-to-opening scenario information.
- Justify your use of job order costing. Be sure to compare and contrast the various costing systems you learned about in this course as part of
your defense. [ACC-202-01]
- Explain and defend the selling prices that you established for grooming, day care, and boarding. Be sure to reference your cost-volume-profit
analysis in your defense. [ACC-202-02]
- Explain and defend your selected target profits for each area of your business. Be sure to reference your cost-volume-profit analysis in your
- Explain and defend your contribution margin per unit and contribution margin ratio. Be sure to reference your cost-volume-profit analysis in
your defense. [ACC-202-02]
- Financial Statements: Assess your financial performance to-date using the post-opening scenario information.
- Financial Statements
- Share the statement of cost of services and logically interpret the business’s performance against the provided benchmarks. [ACC-202- 02]
- Share the income statement and logically interpret the business’s performance against the provided benchmarks. [ACC-202-02]
- Variance Analysis
- Identify all variances for the direct labor time and the materials price. [ACC-202-02]
- Evaluate the significance of the variances in terms of the potential to impact future budgeting decisions and planning. [ACC-202-02]
- In an addendum, submit your completed workbook, including the following:
- Accurately classify all of your costs in the “Cost Classification” tab. [ACC-202-01]
- Conduct a cost-volume profit analysis:
- Determine your contribution margin per unit and contribution margin ratio in the “Contribution Margin Analysis” tab. [ACC-202-01]
- Determine your break-even points for achieving your target profits in the “Break-even analysis” tab. [ACC-202-01]