Posted: July 1st, 2021
Final paper | ECO 408 Managerial Economics | Ashford University
The Final Paper (Be SURE to Review the RUBRIC!!!)
Select a large U.S. company (e.g., Walmart, Ford, Proctor & Gamble, Apple, Microsoft, etc.) and evaluate its managerial decisions in several different areas. It must be a large company so that you will be able to complete documented research. Address all of the following areas, using section titles. It is essential that you complete your essay using the vocabulary, economic language and concepts of our class and text.
- Provide an introduction and a conclusion.
- Describe the history of the company.
- Evaluate the company’s products and primary markets, domestic and/or global.
- Examine the company’s pricing strategies and non-pricing strategies to maximize its profit. Non-pricing strategies include advertising, product differentiation such as function, design, and/or model, enhanced service quality, etc.
- Appraise any sources of risk or uncertainty in the company’s operations and decision making. Be sure that you explain which is which for your target company.
- Assess any asymmetric information issues that the company experienced during the previous five years. Be sure to discuss any adverse selection and the moral hazard problems that the company encountered.
- Analyze the principal-agent problems that the company may have. Begin your discussion with the definition of the principal-agent problem.
- Evaluate if the company has any current issues that the CEO may want to resolve or improve. (note that this sentence was left incomplete in the assignment instruction!)
- Use economic language and demonstrate your understanding of the concepts and theories of this course.
Your Final Paper
- Must be 8-10 double-spaced pages in length, excluding a title page and a reference page, and formatted according to APA style (Links to an external site.) as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement (you may find it helpful to review my Writing Announcements)
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought –-your analysis is important, as I am not looking for mere recap of facts or quoations
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesi
- Must use at least five scholarly sources, in addition to the text.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.