Posted: July 1st, 2021
Ecom m12 it strategy, sourcing, and strategic technology trends
Aligning IT Strategies to Business Strategies (115 points)
After reviewing the material for this module, research a real-world case in which an organization aligned its IT strategy with its business strategy. Address the following in a research report:
- How did the organization align IT strategies with business objectives?
- What were the benefits of the alignment?
- What were the challenges in implementing the alignment?
- What do you think was the most important argument for this alignment? Why?
- How could you quantify this alignment to gain support from senior management? From IT?
Your well-written report should be 5-6 pages in length, not including the title and reference pages. Use APA style guidelines, citing at least two references, as appropriate. Review the grading rubric to see how you will be graded for this assignment.
- Chapter 12 in Information Technology for Management: On-Demand Strategies for Performance, Growth, and Sustainability
- Ilmudeen, A., Bao, Y., & Alharbi, I. M. (2019). How does business-IT strategic alignment dimension impact on organizational performance measures: Conjecture and empirical analysis. Journal of Enterprise Information Management, 32(3), 457.
- Queiroz, M., Tallon, P. P., Coltman, T., Sharma, R., & Reynolds, P. (2020). Aligning the IT portfolio with business strategy: Evidence for complementarity of corporate and business unit alignment. Journal of Strategic Information Systems, 29(3), N.PAG.