Posted: June 12th, 2021
Stewardship in environmental health | Social Science homework help
Research a vulnerable population (inner city, rural area, or developing nation). In a 1,250-1,500 word paper, evaluate the environmental health issues facing the chosen population, and propose strategies to promote health through environmental stewardship. Include the following:
- Describe the vulnerable population you chose and explain why this group faces health inequity.
- Describe the environmental health issue affecting this population: What caused the issue or what was the environmental exposure linked to the environmental health issue negatively influencing the public health of this population? Discuss the correlating public health issues. Identify one or more surveillance reports, provide morbidity and mortality rates, and explain the burden of disease from the environmental exposure.
- Evaluate current policy as it relates to the promotion of public health, health equity, and environmental stewardship. What changes need to be made, or what policies need to be implemented, to improve public health and health equity through environmental stewardship. Discuss the policymaking process, including shared decision making that must occur to create functional policy. Include the roles of ethical evidence-based decision making in this process. Consider Health in All Policies as you complete the evaluation and make recommendations.
- Discuss what is currently being done through local policy to address the environmental health issue, as well as the health of the community. Evaluate the effectiveness of these efforts. Consider aid given, models implemented, and private-public partnerships promoting health and environmental stewardship.
- Introduce a community design to further address the environmental health issue and improve public health through long-term environmental stewardship. Include renewable and sustainable resources.
- Identify stakeholders necessary for implementation of the proposed strategies/community design. Include community members, local and federal government, global organizations, organizations offering aid, and faith-based and other nonprofit organizations, etc.
You are required to cite five to seven sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and public health content.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide