Economic growth and alternative metrics
Create a PowerPoint presentation of 12-15 slides (title and reference slides are not including in this count) discussing Economic Growth and Market Dynamics. Include the following:
1. Explain what GDP is and how is it measured.
2. Evaluate the validity of using GDP as a measure of economic output.
3. Assess the validity of using GDP as a measure of social progress. Which elements (e.g., education levels, carbon dioxide emissions, gender/racial inequality) does GDP not consider?
4. Identify and describe two alternative (multidimensional) metrics that take into consideration more than the exchange value of economic output. Do those metrics capture social progress/well-being? Explain.
5. Explain if public officials focus exclusively—or even principally—on economic growth as a measure of economic policy success. Which other factors are also salient? Why?
Be sure to include graphs, charts and other visuals in your presentation that will enhance your analysis. Include speaker notes below each content-related slide that represent what would be said if giving the presentation in person. Expand upon the information included in the slide and do not simply restate it. Please ensure the speaker notes include 50-75 words per slide.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, including an APA formatted reference slide,
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.