Posted: June 4th, 2021
Listening to baroque music | History homework help
Listen to Orchestra Suite No. 3 (Movement II: Gavotte) by Johann Sebastian Bach. (Links to an external site.)
Answer the following questions in complete sentences.
- What is the overall dynamic level (pp, p, mp, mf, f, ff) of the piece? Does it ever change? How? When? You can mention a time stamp (minutes/seconds), if that helps you.
- What Italian term would you use to describe the tempo of the piece? Hint – You can use a metronome if you are not sure.
- Do you think the timbre of this piece is bright or dark? Why?
- What instruments do you hear? You may need to look back at the list of instruments in the Baroque orchestra or do some research about the sounds of these instruments to help you listen for them.
- Do you think the texture is monophonic, homophonic, or polyphonic? Explain why you chose your answer.
Please post your initial discussion by Wednesday. The initial discussion should be at least 100-150 words. Once you have posted your initial discussion, you will have to respond to at least TWO of your classmates’ initial discussion by Saturday in at least 50-100 words.