Please answer the following questions.
Please re-save this document and type your answers below the question. If you fail to do this, it will be more difficult for me to calculate your grade because I will have to refer to the answer key. If you fail to follow these instructions, I will deduct 5 points off your final grade for failure to follow instructions.
1. Tomax Corporation has 400 employees and wishes to develop a compensation policy to correspond to its dynamic business strategy. The company wishes to employ a highly competitive workforce capable of responding to a competitive business environment. Suggest different compensation objectives to match Tomax’s business goals.7 points
2. Since employees may differ in terms of their job performance, would it not be more feasible to determine the wage rate for each employee on the basis of his or her relative worth to the organization? Explain. 8 points
3. What is job evaluation? Explain the differences between the major job evaluation systems, noting the advantages and disadvantages of each. 7 points
4. Describe he basic steps in conducting a wage and salary survey. What are some factors to consider? 7 points
5. One of the objections to granting wage increases on a percentage basis is that the lowest-paid employees, who are having the most trouble making ends meet, get the smallest increase, while the highest-paid employees get the largest increase. Explain.7 points
6. What is compensation score-card and how does it help align a company’s strategy with its compensation system? 7 points
7. Federal laws governing compensation raise important issues for both employers and employees. Discuss the following: 8 points
The effect of paying a prevailing wage as required by the Davis-Bacon Act
b. The effects of raising the minimum wage.
1. Working individually or in groups, identify the factors for a successful incentive plan. 7 points
2. Contrast the differences between straight piecework, differential piece rate, and standard hour plans. Explain where each plan might be used best. 7 points
3. A frequently heard complaint about merit raises is that they do little to increase employee effort. What are the causes of this belief? Suggest ways in which the motivating value of merit raises may be increased. 7 points
4. What are the reasons behind the different payment methods for sales employees? 7 points
5. What are the reasons for the success of the Scanlon and Improshare plans? 7 points
6. Because of competitive forces within your industry, you have decided to implement a profit sharing plan for your employees. Discuss the advantages of profit sharing and identify the specific characteristics that will ensure success for your plan. 7 points
7. What are some reasons for the implementation of ESPO? Cite some of the potential problems concerning their use. 7 points
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more