Gen103 wk3 discussion 1 due 16 aug 2019 at 6pm est
*would like to see proof of no plagiarism **
Watch the GEN103 Scholarly & Popular Resources (Links to an external site.) and How to Read a Scholarly Article (Links to an external site.) videos, and review the Source Types handout,
Read this scholarly, peer-reviewed article:
Ajunwa, I., Crawford, K., & Ford, J. S. (2016). Health and big data: An ethical framework for health information collection by corporate wellness programs. Journal of Law, Medicine & Ethics, 44(3), 474–480. https://doi.org/10.1177/1073110516667943
Depending on first letter of your last name, read one of the following:Last name : H
Reflect: You read two articles that address the same topic but are different types of sources. Consider the following questions:
- What characteristics make the sources different?
- How do those differences add to or detract from the credibility of the sources?
- How could you use each of the sources in school, at work, or in your personal life? Think of at least two specific examples.
Write: Based on your learning in the Prepare and Reflect sections above, write at least three paragraphs that fully address the prompt below. Cite any sources you use or refer to.
- Identify the type of source you read in addition to the scholarly, peer-reviewed article. Who is the audience for each source? How does the intended audience affect the choice of language, images, and organization?
- Analyze the credibility of the two sources that you read. What specific features of the articles led you to conclude the source was or was not credible? Provide at least one specific example for each source.
- Explain how each source might be used to address a specific information need. What research situations would be appropriate for each source? What concerns would you have about using the sources in those situations?
Your initial post must be at least 350 words and address all of the prompt’s elements.