Posted: May 29th, 2021
In a separate APA style Word document Answer the following questions based on the results of your analysis in Excel®. As an APA style document remember to have an introduction, the body, and a conclusion. Those should all be based on this analysis from the Pastas R Us, Inc. Database.
· Based box-plot for the “Annual Sales” variable; does the boxplot look symmetric? Would you prefer the IQR instead of the standard deviation to describe this variable’s dispersion? Why?
· Based on the histogram for the “Sales/SqFt” variable; is the distribution symmetric? If not, what is the skew? Are there any outliers? If so, which one(s)? What is the “SqFt” area of the outlier(s)? Is the outlier(s) smaller or larger than the average restaurant in the database? What can you conclude from this observation?
· What measure of central tendency is more appropriate to describe “Sales/SqFt”? Why?
Pastas R Us, Inc. is a fast-casual restaurant chain specializing in noodle-based dishes, soups, and salads. Since its inception, the business development team has favored opening new restaurants in areas (within a 3-mile radius) that satisfy the following demographic conditions:
· Median age between 25 – 45 years old
· Household median income above national average
· At least 15% college educated adult population
Last year, the marketing department rolled out a Loyalty Card strategy to increase sales. Under this program, customers present their Loyalty Card when paying for their orders and receive some free food after making 10 purchases.
The company has collected data from its 74 restaurants to track important variables such as average sales per customer, year-on-year sales growth, sales per sq. ft., Loyalty Card usage as a percentage of sales, and others. A key metric of financial performance in the restaurant industry is annual sales per sq. ft. For example, if a 1200 sq. ft. restaurant recorded $2 million in sales last year, then it sold $1,667 per sq. ft.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.