Please answer each of the following questions in detail and provide examples for better clarity wherever applicable. Provide in-text citations.
1. What makes a function of a discrete variable a candidate for a discrete random variable distribution? What about the counterpart of this candidacy in the case of a continuous variable?
2. Provide a detailed discussion on the distribution of:
a. A discrete random variable, in general terms, and then provide a numerical example of this distribution.
b. What are the mean and the standard deviation in your example?
c. How does this differ in the case where the random variable is continuous?
3. Explain the significance of the mean, variance, and standard deviation for a random variable.
4. How does the probability of a union of disjoint events exhibit itself when dealing with a (discrete or continuous) random variable? Provide an example
5. What is the expectation operation and what are its properties? How does the expectation operation yields relate between the mean, the standard deviation, and the second moment?
1. Need to have at least 1 peer-reviewed article as the reference and textbook as the reference
2. Need in-text citation
3. Please find the attachments as the power points of the course for reference.
4. Textbook Information:
Bowerman, B., Drougas, A. M., Duckworth, A. G., Hummel, R. M. Moniger, K. B., & Schur, P. J. (2019). Business statistics and analytics in practice (9th ed.). McGraw-Hill
5. Please find the Course Learning Outcome list of this course in the attachment
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more