Posted: May 18th, 2021
Week 5 final paper | English homework help
In your paper,
- Identify your selected film, including writer, director, year of release, and genre.
- Briefly summarize the film in which you apply your knowledge of the difference between the film’s story and its plot.
- Describe one of the broad theories you have learned about in class (auteur theory, genre theory, formalist theory) and analyze your selected film through that lens.
- Evaluate the use of three specific techniques and design elements employed in the film as they contribute to the overarching narrative and theme of the film. This can include elements of mise-en-scène (e.g., lighting, sound, composition of frame, costuming, etc.) and editing (e.g., cuts and transitions, shots used, angles, etc.).
- Describe the connection between this film and society (i.e., politically or culturally, positive or negative) and draw conclusions about its impact.
The Final Film Analysis paper
- Must be five to six double-spaced pages (1500 to 1800 words) in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.)resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of Your Essay (in bold)
- Your First and Last Name
- University of Arizona Global Campus
- Course Code: Name of Course (e.g., ENG 225: Introduction to Film)
- Instructor’s name
- Due Date
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center for specifications.