Homework Essay Help
Drawing | AR 133 | Boston University
- Set up a complex still life ( See pic in following slide)
- Start Draw some thumbnails using your viewfinder: consider moving your point of view (Where you sit)
- Even as you just draw thumbnails, try drawing some construction lines first and then the contours of the objects. Take some time to ask yourself: What are the most important long lines of this composition?
- Pick one of the thumbnails and keep it close by as you start a new 18×24” drawing with the same composition.
- Use charcoal if you have it. Start using also soft kneaded eraser and get more familiar with it.
- Use sighting (basic unit and counting) to draw in correct proportions. Drawing correctly requires some corrections, changes and editing. This is very normal. Take a solid chunk of time (2 hours? 3 hours?) to make this effective and enjoyable.
- Use angling and DRAW ALL CONSTRUCTION, MID, TANGENT, or other lines that you can see, Including SEE-THROUGH LINE to give solidity to your objects. We won’t do this forever but for now it is extremely useful
- DO NOT DRAW DETAILS FOR NOW (such as patterns, texts, textures…) FOCUS ON SHAPES, VOLUMES AND SPACE AROUND OBJECTS.
- Complete drawing by restating the contours, making them bold and clear.
- Above all: enjoy your practice, set up things that are interesting for you.