Assignment: Practicum Journal Entry: Analyzing an Ethical Decision
In your role as a PMHNP, you will encounter several situations that will require your ability to make sound judgments and practice decisions for the safety and well-being of individuals, families, and communities. There may not be a clear-cut answer of how to address the issue, but your ethical decision making must be based on evidenced-based practice and what is good, right, and beneficial for patients. You will encounter patients who do not hold your values, but you must remain professional and unbiased in the care you provide to all patients regardless of their socio-demographic and ethnic/racial background. You must be prepared to critically analyze ethical situations and develop an appropriate plan of action. For this Assignment, you review the literature and discover the various ethical dilemmas PMHNPs encounter and how these issues are typically addressed in your state.
· Analyze salient ethical issues in psychiatric mental health practice
· Compare ethical dilemmas with state health laws and regulations
· Analyze ethical decision-making processes
· Review literature for moral/ethical issues encountered by a PMHNP.
· Select one of the articles you found that was published within the last 5 years to use as a focus for this assignment.
Write a 2-page paper in which you do the following:
· Summarize the moral/ethical issue in the article (no more than 1 paragraph).
· Describe the moral and ethical dilemmas surrounding the issue.
· Analyze the ethical issue and compare them to the state health laws and regulations in your state.(Texas)
· Outline the process of ethical decision making you would use to address this ethical dilemma.
Note: Be sure to use the Practicum Journal Template, located in this week’s Learning Resources.
see class rules
Use subheadings when writing
cite scholarly resources including peer-review journals and current practice guidelines
A clear purpose statement (The purpose of this paper is to…) is required in the introduction of all writings
Please all bullets points, bold, red and highlighted area must be attended to.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more