Putting together change | Management homework help
Now that the VP of HR has been briefed on the results of your focus group, she has asked you to work with Leroy to prepare a change management plan that could be used at Red Carpet. Leroy thinks it is important to use a set of steps from an established change model to guide the change process. He has recommended the OD Action Research Model, Appreciative Inquiry, and Kotter’s 8 Step Model as potential alternatives. But, the VP of HR wants to know all of the details, so Leroy has decided to partner with you to give a presentation to the VP of HR and make decision-making a collaborative effort. She is also concerned about the potential resistance to change at Red Carpet, so Leroy thinks it’s important to cover this in the presentation as well.
- Describe the set of steps in the OD Action Research Model, Appreciative Inquiry, and Kotter’s Eight Step Model.
- What are the pros and cons of each model? Which model should Red Carpet use for its change process and why?
- Considering the organizational culture of Red Carpet, how will the organization overcome resistance to change? What kinds of communications might be needed?
Leroy has greatly enjoyed collaborating with you on the presentation. He reviewed the first part of the presentation and decided some additional material would help the VP of HR understand the change process you are proposing. In the second part, he would like you to develop some potential interventions or solutions to Red Carpet’s challenges. He also wants to know how to implement the interventions considering Red Carpet structure and culture so that the change plan can be more concrete. In the end, Red Carpet with need some means to evaluate the success of the interventions to make sure that they were effective. So, including this information will also be important to the VP of HR. Red Carpet is seeking long-term success with this change, so Leroy would like you to include a forward-thinking statement regarding the future of Red Carpet after the change. In no time, you and Leroy will be riding the elevator to the 27th floor with a beautiful view of Philadelphia and he is confident that your collaborative effort will be well received.
- What interventions would you recommend to address the challenges at Red Carpet?
- How will you implement the interventions in the organization?
- How will you evaluate the success of the change process at Red Carpet?
- What would you recommend Red Carpet do next after the change process is completed?