Posted: February 17th, 2021
Teacher model | Education homework help
Teachers who use the SIOP Model effectively plan, write, and teach their lessons while connecting them to the standards and accommodating for different ELP levels.
After reading the “SIOP Teaching Case Study,” record each of the SIOP components and at least two features from each component on the “SIOP Teaching Model” worksheet.
The features for each component include:
- Lesson Preparation: Content and language objectives, content concepts appropriate for age, supplementary materials used, adaptation of content for all student proficiency levels, meaningful activities that integrate lesson concepts with language practice.
- Building Background: Concepts linked to students’ background experiences, links explicitly made between past learning and new concepts, key vocabulary emphasized.
- Comprehensible Input: Speech appropriate for students’ proficiency levels, clear explanation of academic tasks, and variety of techniques to make content concepts clear
- Strategies: Ample opportunities for students to use learning strategies, scaffolding techniques consistently used, a variety of questions or tasks the promote higher-order thinking.
- Interaction: Frequent opportunities for interaction and discussion, grouping configurations support language and content objectives, sufficient wait time for student responses, ample opportunity for students to clarify key concepts.
APA style is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.