Work breakdown structures | Electrical Engineering homework help
i will attache for you the lecture so you can do the assignment. also i will send for you the notes that the doctor told us about the assignment. Also I will put an attachment at the end of the email which the doctor is explaining the lecture of work breakdown structure. which my final project will be about …….
Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) give us an important framework for the system on which we are working. It has many important functions. A Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) is a decomposition of all the work necessary to complete a project. A WBS is arranged in a hierarchy and constructed to allow for clear and logical groupings, either by all program activities (includes program management functions and systems engineering) or just the product itself.
These are some of the benefits of a WBS:
- Provides a solid foundation for planning and scheduling.
- Breaks down projects into manageable work packages.
- Provides a way to estimate project costs accurately.
- Makes sure no important deliverables are forgotten.
- Helps project managers with resource allocation (people, places and dollars).
- Provides an ideal tool for team brainstorming and for promoting team cohesion
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
Once you have finished this topic you should be able to:
- Define a Work Breakdown Structure
- Create a third level WBS for the system in your case analysis
- Define the 100% rule of WBS
Download the Power Point file Word breakdown structure and view the lecture in class.
Write a one page paper on the importance and uses of the Work Breakdown Structure