Ps505 : testing, measurement, and assessment
Unit 2 Assignment: Assessment Article Review
For this week’s Assignment you will evaluate the assessment and measurement tools from a study or case scenario. Identify an article in the past (5 years) that is related to an ethical psychological assessment instrument or tool. The article should summarize the test designer’s assessment techniques, ethical violation, and author’s ability to address or remedy the issues.
Write an essay, no fewer than seven pages in length, incorporating the following elements based on your findings:
- Discuss the study or case scenario and applicable qualities that relate to the APA ethical codes.
- Write your own critical review on the imperfections in this article and your analysis on how to address the problems noted.
- Take an affirmative position on whether or not these ethical challenges affect the validity of the study or case, and if there are additional test biases noted.
Along with the text, use a minimum of three scholarly articles to support your critic. One of your supporting articles should be the APA Ethical Codes accessible through the following Library links.
Miller and Lovler (2016) recommended four websites for psychological test databases, refer to (page 30) of your textbook.
Note: Find a test measuring a construct in your area of interest; do not purchase a review of any test. You will use the websites to look up the name and brief description of a test and then conduct further research on your own about this test.
The assignment should include the following:
- Follow assignment directions (review grading rubric for best results).
- Use correct APA formatting per the APA Publication Manual, 6th Edition.
- Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard American English.
- Be written in Standard American English and be clear, specific, and error-free. If needed, be sure to use the Writing Center for help.
- Be a minimum of seven pages (not including Title Page and Reference List).
Unit 2 Assignment Rubrics
Grading Rubric Unit 2 Assignment
Addresses each of the following areas using appropriate references to course materials:
Student synthesizes and addresses the following:
(1) Student is able to select an appropriate and relevant psychological assessment instrument
(2) Student is able to discuss the main issues the authors are addressing in the article
(3) Student is able to clearly define the ethical violations in the article review
(4) Student is able to clearly discuss how issues above have relevance to evaluating the validity of the psychological assessment instrument
Student clearly synthesizes ideas from the readings, and discusses how correct and incorrect decisions occur when interpreting a psychological assessment instrument
Style and Mechanics: Clear and logical
organization; paragraphs and sentences are well
developed. Uses correct grammar, spelling, and
punctuation. Meets (7 page) length requirements.
APA Style: Formatted correctly using APA style.
Provides references to support conclusions.
Paraphrased correctly and accurately; direct
quotes used minimally.